1. Begin on hands and knees with fingers spread wide and tuck toes.
2. Exhale, lifting knees from floor and pressing sitting bones up and back.
3. Inhale, engage all fingers and palm area pressing into mat with head aligned between biceps
4. Exhale, pressing back into the stretch, using exhale to release tension
5. Inhale, bend knees slightly.
6. Exhale, pressing up and back, again lengthening legs, but not locking them.
7. Repeat or hold pose 3 to 5 breaths or as long as comfortable.
Strengthens arms and legs.
Stretches hamstrings, shoulders, calves, arches, and hands.
Improves digestive process.
Improvements have been seen with insomnia, depression, menopause, osteoporosis, back pain, high blood pressure, asthma, sciatica as well as other conditions.
Sohanyoga Advanced Practices is a full-scope system of yoga, formulated by the indian yoga teacher Sohan. Integrating asana (posture) practice with pranayama and meditation, Sohanyoga advanced program covers all of the eight limbs of yoga.